Map of the Camino Frances

Friday, October 12, 2018

Talismans

Talismen? Talismi?

Whatever the collective noun, I thought I would share with you the items I brought with me and wear every day on the Camino, and what they signify.


There is a bronze Celtic cross on a chain around my neck that I bought in Glastonbury, England to replace a silver one I bought while travelling around Britain the summer between graduating from University and starting my first proper job. It represents transition and forward movement.

I have 3 rings that come from Hungary and Chile and Thailand. They represent travel.

My wedding ring was my great-grandmother's and so represents family.

My engagement ring represents love. Aww.

I have a grey cord bracelet with a little golden dragonfly that was given to me by a friend. No surprise that it represents friendship.

My other bracelet is a string of wooden beads with a small Buddha in the middle, which I bought on the island of Shikoku in Japan this year at the start of our short Henro. It represents pilgrimage and letting go.

And the earrings? Well, they are just pretty!





No comments:

Post a Comment