Map of the Camino Frances

Friday, October 12, 2018

Motorway Camino


Walking the Camino is meant to be a combination of whatever physical, emotional and spiritual journey you wish to travel. The guides all say that digging deep into your internal journey while walking your external journey is easier when walking through wilderness and harder when walking in cities or along roads. However, I actually look forward to walking along roads as I get to see the cars of my youth. Living in Canada, I hardly ever see small European cars from the 1960s and 70s. You might get the odd original Mini or MG but none of the European utilitarian cars that everyone seemed to drive back then. 
They would all be secondhand as new cars was a hardly ever an affordable option. So it warms the cockles of my heart to see all the 30+ year old Renaults, Citroens, Peugeots, Fords and Opels that I remember. This is what the Camino has sent me and my neck is often craned back looking at the rear as I guess the make and model and see if I am right.

No comments:

Post a Comment